Most are familiar with castor oil for cooking but what they don’t know may actually save them! Aches and pains are something I come across on a daily basis so how can you treat your injury out of the office?
Answer… Castor Oil!
Castor Oil has anti-inflammatory properties that can help heal your injury. The use of castor oil for Bursitis, tendonitis, and other inflamed joints happens to work extremely well, and to be honest, its kind of shocking that more people do not know about this.
While castor oil is a known use for constipation, has antiviral, and antimicrobial properties and has been used for many other things, it has been used to treat acne, dermatitis, and other skin disorders. There is now evidence that Castor Oil helps with lymphatic drainage and circulation, which may be the reason why it is so effective in helping painful joints
How to use castor oil for joint aches, pains, and inflammation?
1. Place castor oil on the inflamed joint and massage it into the area for about 3 minutes.
2. Take a piece of flannel and saturate the flannel with more castor oil.
3. Wrap flannel around the affected joints.
4. Apply clear plastic wrap around the joint so that it compresses the joint.
5. Apply heat to the area for about 15-20 minutes. Larger joints 20 min, but smaller joints about 10 – 15 min.
6. Clean off castor oil after use.
7. Repeat this at least once a day for 3-5 days.
The heat drives the castor oil through the skin, through the subcutaneous fat and into the muscles which can help them heal. Keep in mind that castor oil can stain and is kind of messy so do this outside, or in an area where it’s easy to clean. I swear its worth your effort and will cost you less than $15 for many uses!
The bottom line is that castor oil can be a new way to add to your holistic and alternative lifestyle. It is extremely affordable and provides many benefits so that you can live a healthy life naturally.
If you are looking for some pain relief please contact us today! We also do FREE initial consults and telehealth visits for patients.
See you there!,